Building software applications is as much about coding as it is about understanding and solving the actual business problems!
I'm a Zend & SensioLabs certified web developer / consultant with a focus on solving business problems and adding value through product optimisation. This can be done in many ways: creating a new application, suggesting an action plan or architecture, optimizing current set-up / architecture / applications, etc.
At the moment my technology focus is on PHP, Symfony, AWS, MongoDB, MySQL, APIs, NodeJS and Docker. I also care a lot about security (InfoSec), performance, quality, best practices & continuous learning. You can contact me for projects at http://ifdattic.com
I'm a big believer in Open-Source and the sharing of knowledge. I'm a contributor to the Symfony framework, Behat, phpspec & several other open-source projects. (see my GitHub: https://github.com/ifdattic)
Personally I have strong values which I believe make me a better version of myself. I strongly believe in daily incremental personal improvement - make sure you're a better person day by day - never stop learning!
Some of those values are:
* transparency and sincerity (don't lie, don't hide things, don't be afraid of the truth);
* learning / self-improvement (you learn most outside of your comfort zone);
* well-being (“Mens sana in corpore sano” - you produce the best work with a healthy mind and body);
* servitude (helping others provides more happiness than helping yourself);
* gratitude (to appreciate what you have);
* empathy (learn to understand others, and that everyone is having as rich a human experience as you. This helps in doing good and feeling good. I feel travel is important in cultivating my empathy);
* minimalism / frugality (focus on what is important in life).
You can read more about my personal experiences and thoughts on values on my blog: http://ifdattic.com/categories/personal
Andrew Marcinkevičius is a member of the community since February 2014.